Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I was a poet, bet you din't know it!

The following is a poem I wrote back in my college days, about a girl whose name I truly never learned. Yes, I used to write poems, strange as it may sound! It was mostly to pass the time away while I was stuck in my apartment room with nothing to do and nowhere to go, but also I found it to be a pleasant outlet for pent up feelings I couldn't normally express otherwise. Nowadays there are too many distractions for me to be able to sit down and focus on writing more of these; however, I do hope that one day, I will have the chance to do so again. ^_^


I Wish...

I wish that I could tell you, as I sit here and write
Just how much I think about you every day and night
You’re constantly on my mind, you’re always in my head
I should be cramming now but I’m writing this poem instead
If we could get together, I’d make you understand
All the things I feel for you as I’m holding your hand
But then I don’t even know you; you’re just a face I see
Every other day in our school gym as you attend P.E.
I wish that we were classmates, coz then we could be friends
And I would be there for you until the very end
I wish that I knew someone; a friend who knew you, too
And I would get that person to introduce me to you
I wish that I could hold you, if only for a while
And then I’d say the sweet nothings I know will make you smile
Maybe if I had more courage. . . if I wasn’t so shy
Then maybe I’d have greeted you each time you walked on by
But alas, I am a fool, and it is a proven fact
That whenever you passed by I did not know how to act
So many times you were so close, many a time so near
That if I leaned in closer your lovely voice I would hear
I really wish I knew you, I really wish I could
One day read this poem to you (for you, of course I would!)
Until that time I’m just this guy who doesn’t know your name
And ‘til I do I guess I’m still playing the wishing game

2 comments: